The numbers behind these two very human pictures are staggering:
Bloomberg reports that the floods have destroyed $3.27 Billion worth of crops and that "the floods affected 20 million people, killing more than 1,700 and damaging 1.9 million homes, according to the United Nations." The impact will continue. British charity Plan UK projects over two million cases of malaria.
Our 'How to Help' page is here.
Previously on Photoblog:
- Aug. 6: In Pakistan, an echo of Hurricane Katrina
- Aug. 18: Before and after from outer space
- Aug. 20: Pakistan food drop
- Aug. 31: Insect nets make a big difference in Pakistan
- Sept. 9: The saga of the Pakistan floods is not over
- Sept. 13: Scramble for flood aid in Pakistan
- August 21: Pakistan's humanitarian crisis continues
- Sept. 24: Lining up for food in Pakistan