The AP reports:
A peaceful demonstration in the town of Kasserine over the exclusion of local residents from a list of those killed in last year's uprising against the dictatorship turned violent late Wednesday as protesters clashed with police and military.
Demonstrators attempted to set fire to the local prison, rob a bank and loot the local branch of a government agency. They also set fire to tires and vandalized local businesses, said the state news agency.
- More riots in Tunisia, Arab Spring birthplace
- Nervous smiles as Tunisia enters new democratic era
- New Tunisian leaders announce government plan
- Tunisia martyr's mother: honor my son's sacrifice
- Mohamed Bouazizi, the fruit vendor whose death may have changed the Arab world
- Slideshow: Tunisia unrest, January 2011