Charlie Riedel / AP
Republican presidential candidate, former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney speaks during a campaign stop at the Music Man Square in Mason City, Iowa Thursday, Dec. 29, 2011.
There seems to be general consensus among political reporters that the Mitt Romney campaign is the best financed and the most organized in the Republican field. So you would think his staff could come up with something better than a shaky chair for the candidate to stand on.
Michelle Bachmann, on the other hand, can be expected to do the unexpected.
Win McNamee / Getty Images
Republican presidential candidate U.S. Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN) dances with 9-year old Shayne Holmes before a "meet and greet" campaign event December 29, 2011 in Marshalltown, Iowa. Earlier in the day, Bachmann charged that the campaign of U.S. Rep. Ron Paul had offered money to one of her key Iowa supporters, Kent Sorenson. "Kent Sorenson personally told me he was offered a large sum of money to go to work for the Paul campaign," Bachmann said in a statement.
- Previous images from the Iowa campaign in PhotoBlog
- Republicans battle over undecided voters in Iowa
- Romney looks more confident in Iowa vote run-up
- Perry fights to claw way back into contention
- Bachmann vows to stay in GOP race despite setbacks
- Iowa's evangelicals moving to Santorum