Dani Pozo / AFP - Getty Images
Penitents leave San Pedro church carrying a statue depicting "Jesus the Poor" during a Holy Week procession on April 5, 2012 in Madrid, Spain. Christian believers around the world mark the Holy Week of Easter in celebration of the crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
Erik De Castro / Reuters
A boy looks at the palm of a penitent nailed on a wooden cross during a reenactment of Jesus Christ's crucifixion on Good Friday in Barangay Cutud, San Fernando, Pampanga in northern Philippines, April 6, 2012.
Dean Lewins / EPA
Hundreds of people follow 'Jesus' played by Paul Cattanach as he drags a cross through Pitt Street Mall as part of the Wesley Mission's Good Friday, Way of the Cross Procession in Sydney, Australia, on April 6, 2012.
- Christian, Jewish holidays intersect Friday
- In the heart of the Holy Land, visiting Jesus' burial site
- Palm Sunday observed around the world
- Tree in Germany blooms 10,000 Easter eggs
- More photos in our Easter slideshow